Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pokemon Lugia Mascot Cosplay: FINISHED!!

ZOMG YOU GUYS. I DID IT!!

pokemon soul silver lugia cosplay cosplayer head


DERP!

That's right folks, I actually finished Lugia somehow in time for GEEX on October 14th-15th. I pulled an all-nighter and finished both him and my Lyra (Pokemon Trainer from SoulSilver) cosplay! He is so majestic and HUGE!


Immense wingspan, slender long neck, spiky tail...it's enough to make any dragon-bird lover go SQUEE~~

pokemon soul silver lugia cosplay cosplayer

The wearer (namely, my dear sweet husband) can see out of the slits on the bottom of the neck. I designed them to kind of fit with the character design so they look more like "gills" or something, rather than a big obvious square that sticks out in pictures.

The mouth is hinged both on the upper and lower jaws, and someday I will implement a puppeteering mechanism so the wearer can open and close the mouth. The ultimate plan would be to attach speakers for his trademark roar/"song" and lights for added effect.

pokemon soul silver lugia cosplay cosplayer

His side profile looks kinda funny...I forgive this, since I pieced him together one piece at a time and the vision I had in my head made sense. The tail looks a bit sad and I will probably redo it if we go to a con next year. I would like it to "pose" better for pictures.

pokemon soul silver lugia cosplay cosplayer


The back spikes look cool. I will be fixing them to stand up more someday in the future.

pokemon soul silver lugia cosplay cosplayer


This is Lugia's hey-hey-hey pose.

There is still a lot of work to do, as of course cosplayers are never quite satisfied with their work. I want to make the neck a little shorter and maybe more serpentine for a better shape, but this works fine for now. I can't wait to show it off to the neighborhood kids for Halloween!


3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! That is so awesome. I saw a picture of you guys on one of the newspaper websites, I can't even believe it. I am so glad I can say I know someone as creative and imaginative as you.
    -Jill T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap savannah, this is really impressive. congrats on making it into the tribune! :D

    ReplyDelete