Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beast Wars: Transformers Maximals Pillow

I had a friend that worked in the library with me and we had a mutual love of Beast Wars: Transformers, an awesome CGI cartoon that was on around when I was in junior high. I collected a bunch of the action figures. They all could completely morph from their animal forms to their robot forms. They're some of the coolest toys I've ever owned. Do you remember that show?

Anyway, my friend brought a few of his action figures to work so we would have something fun to play with while we waited for files to load, etc. We even had a little party at my place where we watched a couple episodes. Over the summer (the same summer I made the Sailor Moon brooch pillow) I made a Maximals symbol pillow for my friend.

transformers maximals symbol pillow craft

I had a red ripstop vinyl and some metallic black/blue fabric for this project. I made the symbol design on craft paper for the pattern and cut out the outline from the blue fabric.  I put a large red piece behind the blue fabric where it was cut out and sewed the blue onto the red.

transformers maximals symbol pillow craft

I then cut out small blue pieces for the eyes and ears and sewed those onto the red background. The "whiskers" are pieces of red fabric sewn on top of the blue. I cut around the whole thing to make a simple shape for the pillow, and had a long rectangular strip for the outside edge.


transformers maximals symbol pillow craft

transformers maximals symbol pillow craft

 It turned out so shiny and cool! My friend loved it! His return present to me was a block poster of a Jurassic Park raptor (my favorite dinosaur), printed out on regular sheets of paper. We pieced it together and taped it to my apartment window. My neighbors thought I was so cool! I later named the raptor Henrietta and it guarded me and my roommates well!

jurassic park raptor velociraptor dinosaur wall block poster

1 comment: